Enabling Qapital Ltd. (EQ) is an Impact Investment Advisory Company with strong ties, expertise and a proven track record in Impact Investing. EQ has built a state-of-the-art approach when it comes to Microfinance and Impact Investments. EQ has a global footprint with Teams based in Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Africa, Central Asia, East Asia and Latin America. The core of EQ’s business are the Investment Officers who are responsible for the origination, execution and monitoring of impact investments in emerging markets.
To expand our operations, we are looking for proactive, result-driven and motivated individuals for the position of Investment & Portfolio Analyst.
The Investment & Portfolio Analyst will have a dual reporting line, reporting to the Head of Portfolio Management and the Regional Manager of the Asian or Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia Regional Office (RO). The person fulfilling this role should reside in Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan or India. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and update the portfolio management model.
- Support in the reconciliation of the Net Asset Value (NAV) for each of the funds.
- Support the Head of Portfolio Management.
- Assistance to the Investment Team members in managing RO’s investees and loan portfolios.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to help maintain and manage regional operations.
- Performing market/industry research, support of country and risk analysis
- Creating fund management and investor reports
A successful candidate will possess…
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong (financial) analysis and quantitative skills.
- General knowledge of assessing credit risk and developing investment proposals.
- Comprehensive understanding of political and economic context, especially in emerging markets.
- Demonstrated interest in the impact investment industry and an aptitude to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Capability to work in small teams in a highly challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Advanced personal organization and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English, further regional languages preferred
We would like to see…
- A degree in finance, economics or related.
- Up to two years of working experience in banking, impact investing or economic development.
- Previous experience in analyzing financial institutions and credit risk assessment.
- Experience in conducting financial and ESG due diligences.
- Demonstrated interest in emerging markets development, SDG initiatives, green energy or energy transition projects.
By completing an in-depth training program, the Investment & Portfolio Analyst will benefit from the knowledge and mentorship of the Investment Team, to gain an understanding of investees and impact investment markets in the region. The learned skills will be put in use to effectively support the Investment Team and Portfolio Management in serving investees and meeting EQ’s business objectives.
The deadline for applications is April 15, 2021. Please send your CV, cover letter and further references to email@example.com. Make sure to include application documents, salary expectations and a possible starting date.
As we are expecting to receive a lot of applications, please note that unfortunately we will only contact shortlisted candidates.